MCM2 Install On Win 7 - 8.1 -10
Windows 7, 8, 6.1, 10 and MCM2.

here are a few tips on how to get MCM2 to run on the operating system above.

1. After installing MCM2 on your computer/ Laptop. first of all right click on MCM2 go down to properties and open it up,

Left click on Compatibility this opens a box, go to bottom of box where it says change settings for all users. Open this box it will bring up another bo, click on the Compatibility mode, and set it to run as Windows XP service pack 3. I have heard of some people not seeing this. if this happens set it to run as windows 7 compatibility Mode. At the bottom of the box where it says Run this program in compatibility tick this box. Then close both boxes.

This all you need to do as far as MCM2 is concerned, there is no need to change how much memory to use. I know people are saying to limit memory for MCM2 to 2048 megabyte, MCM2 runs quite happily with 16gb. At this point MCM2 will not run.

2. Now you need to download a program called dgvoodoo, I believe it is on MDxracing web site. Unzip programme this will add setup and 2 folders one called MS and another called Voodoo, I will explain those folders later. Run dgvoodoo.exe and follow instructions once setup there are now 2 things you need to do. Download and install d3drm.dll from either MCM2revival or MDxracing websites and install. Now from the MS directory, copy and paste to MCM2 directory.

You are now ready ready to play MCM2.

On first run of MCM2 it will come up with a box which says you will need to install directplay, Click on yes and install, AS you have installed DGvoodoo, this now over rides graphics drivers and will bring up a black screen while testing video, you can alt tab out and let it start MCM2. ( I have found that some times MCM2 will not run ). if this happens reinstall MCM2, so best to only install basic MCM2.

MCM2 will now run. When you first play MCM2 you will find that textures on track are blurred and definition is not very good. ( you need to remember that dgvoodoo is a simulation program )

Now that you have it working you can install software to run the user created tracks.

3. To run the MDxracing program, download and unzip. Run the setup file and install this will then bring up a box asking for your MCM2 profile name and password, insert those and click on install button, this should open the MDx recorder ready for use. If it comes up with an error saying that it needs dotnetfx 1.1 you can download and install. once installed run the recorder again this will now run. If not all you need to do is reboot PC/Laptop. recorder will now work.

You Now have MCM2, Mdx recorder working, good luck and have fun.

Messages In This Thread
MCM2 Install On Win 7 - 8.1 -10 - by MDx_RACING - 07-01-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: MCM2 Install On Win 7 - 8.1 -10 - by XPR_TECH - 07-01-2016, 05:08 PM